Intensive Therapeutics is a 501 (c) (3), non-profit, charitable organization that provides group and individual, occupational therapy services to children with special needs.
The organization was established in 2005 to address the needs of families who wanted individualized services by licensed professionals in a non-medical environment.
What makes us unique, we. . .
- are a community-based program. Not a hospital or large therapy clinic.
- provide individual and group therapy services.
- use a family centered approach.
- provide individualized and goal oriented treatment; no cookie cutter approaches.
- create a fun experience where kids can achieve their maximum potential.
- utilize peer models.
- emphasize the intensity of therapy.
- have a small and experienced staff.
- particpate in research studies with local universities to promote best practices.
- have received national and local recognition for our unique approaches and results.
Intensive therapy services are based on utilizing various types of therapeutic practice opportunities for several hours per day, over short periods of time. In doing so, successful practice opportunities, can lead to modification or acquisition of skilled movements and behaviors beyond a person's present capabilities.
- Individual occupational evaluations and treatment.
- Group treatment
Many groups are provided as:
- Helping Hands: Programs providing constraint induced movement therapy for children diagnosed with cerebral palsy and upper extremity hemiplegia.
- Leaps and Bounds: Therapy programs for children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder and demonstrating other sensory-motor issues.
- Ready, Set, Write!: A pre-writing and handwriting group for preschoolers, kindergartners and first graders.
- Bike Riding: For children to learn how to ride a 2-wheeler.
- Sports Group: A group focusing on motor and social skills to be able to play a team-oriented sport.
- After-school programs
- Holiday break camps
- Mini camps for preschoolers
- Summer camps.
Please contact Intensive Therapeutics for more information about:
Sliding scale fees
Dates and times
The American Occuational Therapy Association
To create and provide affordable, effective and practical occupational therapy services to children with special needs with and/or within their own community.
Intensive Therapeutics is dedicated to becoming the premier, cost-effective, evidence-based, innovative provider of intensive therapy services meeting the needs of ALL children with special needs in unison with the family and community.
President, Chair of Marketing Committee and Parent Representative:
Previously served as Senior Partner: Winning Strategies Public Relations, Newark, NJ
Vice President and Chair of Development Committee:
Vice President of Sales (Northeast Region) for Petra Solar, Inc. of South Plainfield, NJ
Treasurer and Parent Representative:
Vice President: Financial Services Quality - Business Unit Controller's Pershing LLC, A BNY Mellon Company
Executive Director, Tax at Regeneron.
Served as Vice President and Head of NA Tax at Diageo and as a tax consultant in the Transaction Advisory Services practices of Ernst & Young and Andersen.
Proprietor of Amanti Vino, a boutique, artisanal wine shop in Montclair, NJ. Sevrens is a member of the prestigious Institute of Wines & Spirits. Sevrens received her BS in Economics as well as her MBA in Finance and Entrepreneurial Management from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.